In the November/December 2013 issue of AAA Westways magazine there is a short article on Traveling with Food Allergies. Our translation cards are mentioned for people traveling internationally. The article has some good basic advice. To paraphrase...
- fly early in the day. This makes sense because most of the food allergens are not ingredients in breakfast assuming you have a meal or purchase food on the plane.
- carry sanitary wipes to clean the arm and head rest
- checkout airline policies on accommodating passengers with food allergies
- bring medications with a copy of their prescriptions
- bring allergy translation cards from SelectWisely if traveling internationally.
Also mentioned were doctor notes in the event an airline or airport security discussion becomes necessary for medications and auto-injectors. The article didn’t mention that we have letters like these as well on our web site. You can read the entire article online at AAA.com.